Grilled Romaine Lettuce
3 to 4 romaine hearts
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the romaine hearts by trimming old leaves, removing 1-2” (3-5 cm) of the lettuce head, and shaving off the browned part of the root end. Leave root intact so the lettuce stays together.
- Turn grill on high.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all other ingredients and whisking in a small bowl.
- Brush vinaigrette over lettuce
- Grill romaine hearts until lightly browned on all sides
- Serve immediately either whole, or chop them and toss them for a salad.